My top five educational articles, not in any particular order. Click on the images to see the article.
(Apologies for any that require a login, but I can assure you it is worth creating one!)
This list will change, but rarely!
1. Teaching the Teachers: Great teaching has long been seen as an innate skill. But reformers are showing that the best teachers are made, not born
2. “There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies, and statistics.” Few people know the struggle of correcting such lies better than David Spiegelhalter. Since 2007, he has been the Winton professor for the public understanding of risk (though he prefers “statistics” to “risk”) at the University of Cambridge.
3. Is effective teaching more about good relationships than anything else?
4. Death is Optional: “medicine in the 20th century focused on healing the sick, now it is more and more focused on upgrading the healthy”
5. What does it take to become a successful international school leader?: A concise, yet informative piece for aspiring or current school leaders within international education.